Do you have a heart for technical excellence and volunteer involvement in the church? As an integral member of our team, you want to see lives changed through the skilled use of audio/visual technology, and you have the technical skills to accomplish tasks quickly along with the ability to manage your time well to meet deadlines. The Technical Director is responsible for providing management and vision for all large large facilities and campuses. Reporting directly to the Weekend Producer, this position works with pastors, staff and volunteers to make sure our weekend services and special events are excellent.
Key Results Areas and Responsibilities:
The Weekend Experience
- Be the expert and go-to person for all Fox River main campus and multi site technical equipment and setup.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all technical support (video, recording and online feed) for the weekend services including the operation and maintenance of all gear.
- Ensure all technical elements in the weekend’s flow are in place and volunteers are fully engaged and communicated to.
- Establish and maintain processes for use of equipment and computers. Create needed training systems. Ensure that processes are adhered to (i.e. Provide and maintain a high level of excellence in all technical aspects of the weekend experience)
- Operate in different positions on the Tech Team when volunteers are not available to serve. (This should rarely happen)
- Work with Weekend Producer to execute service programming details.
- Oversee the volunteer and attendee experience from a technical standpoint.
- Encourage, coach and train volunteers.
- Work with and empower the Volunteer Leads.
Weekday Technical Support
- Provide technical support for weekday events (Small groups, funerals, weddings, conferences, concerts, etc.) at all venues (Auditorium, Theater, Chapel, Multi site).
- Help direct with different venues technical setups.
- Be present at rehearsals to coach/train volunteers and fill in as needed.
- Attend weekly meetings for Weekend Services, Conferences, and Creative team.
- Attend weekly campus staff and monthly all staff along with any other meetings designated by your direct report or needed to fulfill your job duties.
- Scheduling technical volunteers for weekend services, conferences and events using planning center online database.
- Provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the well-being of your staff and volunteers.
- Provide assistance to the Weekend Producer before the weekend.
- Develop and grow a technical leadership team campus wide to help train and develop volunteers both physically and spiritually.
- Develop, train and empower interns to lead different areas in the church.
Maintenance and Upgrades
- Provide/Manage video and technical system maintenance/upgrades for all campuses and all meeting space venues. (Campus Auditoriums, Theatre, Chapel and Kids Rooms)
- Maintain the equipment repair log and inventory
- Maintain and manage subscriptions and licenses for software and hardware used by the Technical Arts.
- Help with changes to video/streaming innovations and future implementation.
- Consistently look for updates on software and hardware.
- Maintain and manage budget for Tech
- Spiritual gifts: Leadership and/or Administration
- Heart/passion for: Seamless execution of the details
- Abilities /talents/skills/competencies:
- Mobilizer – Not only attracts followers but can turn them into teams of Leaders, the key to success in any staff position.
- Multi-tasker – Shows high capacity to juggle a lot of tasks simultaneously.
- Communicator – Talented engineer who is highly capable and able to teach and maintain systems/processes.
- Grower – Always is learning and diligently growing their craft and knowledge.
- Integrity – This individual is a spiritually mature person of character with a proven track record (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Self-starter – A catalytic leader who not only gets things done, but makes things happen.
- Team player – Someone who people will follow, but who is willing to put others first (often operates in the background). Not a lone ranger maverick, but someone able to work on a team and within the church structure.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Stable, mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ, willing to committed to the values and vision of Fox River
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in technical production or related experience
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with a variety of people in different situations
- Strong work ethic, able to work with a flexible schedule. Shows initiative and is driven for excellence and creativity
- Excellent problem solving/trouble shooting skills, and a strong organizational ability
- Familiar with production software (such as: ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, ProVideo Player, PowerPoint)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Audition)
- Experience with both DSLR and ENG-style cameras
Please send resume and any questions to: email@example.com