WE ARE THE CHURCH: TOGETHER WE GAIN MOMENTUM.
WE NEED YOU TO GAIN MOMENTUM
We are asking everyone who calls Fox River home to give this vision momentum; to pray, live and give in new ways.
We envision a growing dependence on God through prayer. Here are ways you can pray in this season:
• Pray that your personal reliance on God through prayer increases, both in your own life and for the sake of others.
• Pray that God grows more and deeper disciples of all ages.
• Pray that 100 percent of those who call Fox River home discover and act on their God-given purpose (If you’re not sure where to start, check out Growth Track).
• Pray that 1,600 new people (1 percent of our immediate surrounding community) begin a relationship with God over the next two years.
• Pray that God’s love be tangibly demonstrated through 10,000 new experiences of God’s love right here in our communities as we live out our vision together.
We envision a growing capacity to invest in the lives of others in ways that are characterized by Jesus. The Gospel doesn’t only change lives, it helps our communities flourish for everyone in them. Imagine what could happen if all of us lived our lives in ways that express the Gospel, with love, humility, intentionality and grace. Those small choices could help accelerate the effects of the Gospel and God’s love in our communities.
• Do I seek to understand those around me?
• Am I actively pursuing relationships with people who are far from God?
• Do I know my neighbors? What could I do to get to know them?
• At work, do I care about my coworkers beyond our professional relationship?
• Do I seek to reflect Jesus in my day-to-day actions? Does the person at the drive-through, the pharmacy counter, the department store notice something different in how I interact with them as a Christ follower?
• In what ways do I serve?
How do I give with income?
• Receive it, give it: Honor God by putting Him first financially. As you receive income from your employment, bonuses, side work, gifts, tax returns, etc., give from it.
• Make sacrifices: Altering your lifestyle and priorities in small and big ways can create additional resources to give away.
• Commit to one less latte a week. Eat in. Take a staycation. Wait on remodeling your home or buying that bigger house. Keep setting it aside: After a debt is paid off, reallocate and give resources that were previously set aside for that expense.
How do I give with assets?
• Non-cash gifts: Consider giving eligible appreciated securities, such as stock and mutual funds. You can receive giving credit for the full market value and avoid capital gains tax.
• Make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from an individual retirement account (IRA).
• Consider other financial assets such as bank accounts or property. Consider releasing some of these resources.
• Something now, something later: One of the greatest gifts you can provide to ensure the vision continues is by making a planned gift through your estate.