We are seeking an individual to use their passion and knowledge of information technology to join our team and help expand the ministry of Fox River Christian Church. The ideal candidate will have experience leading IT and managing the ChMS for an organization. Insight into what could help the church fulfill its mission is a plus.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Assume the responsibility of the church’s IT network and operations, ensuring an excellent user experience for staff, volunteers and attendees.
- Develop and follow an IT budget
- Perform all routine maintenance and keep licensing up-to-date
- Manage relationship with IT vendors
- Advise Fox River’s leadership team on IT trends and requirements
- Develop volunteer team to assist with data management
- Church Management System (ChMS) administration
- Oversee Microsoft Outlook and the distribution, set-up and maintenance of employee emails
- Write code to increase the functionality of ChMS with web, apps and other platforms
- Write data reports from the ChMS
- Onboard new staff into IT systems as required for their job responsibilities
Desired skills/knowledge base:
- 3-5 years IT operations experience
- 3 years helpdesk /PC technician experience
- 2-year degree(s) or a combination of certifications and necessary experience
- Proficiency in a variety of IT areas, including but not limited to: wireless systems configuration, IT security, Windows and Mac, cloud-based ChMS.
- Knowledge of Rock ChMS
- Knowledge of SQL software systems
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in: Databases, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Layer 3, Layer 2, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, IMAP, Mail Servers, Document management systems, web servers, remote desktop, batch scripts, group policy, IPv4, IPv6, Subnets, LAN, WAN, Wireless classifications (AC/N/G/B/A), Wireless security (WPA/WPA2/WEP)
- Good technical troubleshooter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft A+ Certification Preferred)
- Knowledgeable in PC Hardware, Software and peripherals
- Understanding of basic networking, cellular mobile devices, etc.
- An active and growing Christian faith and character
- A commitment to the mission of Fox River
- A willingness to become a part of Fox River Christian Church through the membership and leadership commitment processes